I have to admit that I have been anxiously awaiting "our" weekend to head to Williams, AZ to ride on The Polar Express. We went last year with Keegan for the first time and had a blast. So, we decided that this is going to be an annual event for us. BUT, we didn't make reservations "early" enough (like a year in advance) so we only had one weekend to choose from and November 15th was it. It was rather early, but it was nice because it wasn't too cold with kiddos in tow (plus, Klay wants to be on the ground all the time moving around and there was no snow on the ground). I will admit that Keegan was slightly disappointed that there wasn't any snow...she kept asking where it was. Anyhow, a great time was had by all. We boarded the train at 6:30 p.m., made our trip to the North Pole where Santa boarded the train and gave each child a silver bell. And to top it off Keegan joined our waitress in singing Frosty the Snowman to everyone on board (she wasn't very loud, but I was impressed that she stayed up there with all eyes on her...she gets a little shy at times). I hope that in the few years other people will join us...it is such a fun time!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Polar Express
I have to admit that I have been anxiously awaiting "our" weekend to head to Williams, AZ to ride on The Polar Express. We went last year with Keegan for the first time and had a blast. So, we decided that this is going to be an annual event for us. BUT, we didn't make reservations "early" enough (like a year in advance) so we only had one weekend to choose from and November 15th was it. It was rather early, but it was nice because it wasn't too cold with kiddos in tow (plus, Klay wants to be on the ground all the time moving around and there was no snow on the ground). I will admit that Keegan was slightly disappointed that there wasn't any snow...she kept asking where it was. Anyhow, a great time was had by all. We boarded the train at 6:30 p.m., made our trip to the North Pole where Santa boarded the train and gave each child a silver bell. And to top it off Keegan joined our waitress in singing Frosty the Snowman to everyone on board (she wasn't very loud, but I was impressed that she stayed up there with all eyes on her...she gets a little shy at times). I hope that in the few years other people will join us...it is such a fun time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment