Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Making Progress

So, after my "ranting and raving" session I felt much better. I just needed a place to vent and let it go! Keegan and I talked over the weekend (sounds so formal) about what she should do with her anger and/or frustration. She thought about it for a bit and then said "I know, Mom! I have an idea!" She was so excited and continued with "whenever I get really mad I will go into the study and chill off for a little bit. That will be a great idea, Mom!" First off...yahoo that she is thinking all by herself and came up with this "plan." Secondly, using the phrase "chill off" just cracked me up (and Kevin, too). So, I asked where she would go if she happened to be upstairs and got upset...in her room was her reply. So...what about at school then...her reply was behind the dollhouse. So far she hasn't used her chill off rooms, but she knows where to go if she needs them! Oh, and as far as her funny little phrases go...I put her in timeout the other day and then asked her to come over to talk to me. She said "Sup, Mom?" I looked at Kevin in the kitchen and asked him "did she just say what's up all slurred together?" That was a definite yes...we just laughed and laughed...punishment OVER.

Also, I just want to congratulate my hubby on a "new" job position at work. He is now a Branch Coordinator and will be going from branch to branch to kind of oversee operations and help out where needed. It's a new position at APD so none of us really know what is actually going to happen with this...but we will see where it takes him. He loves being challenged so I think this will be a great place for him right now. He is super excited about this, and I know he will do an awesome job!

Oh, and please just say a little prayer come Thursday morning for our ballet/tap class! I just really don't want her getting kicked out again...but am prepared for it if it happens!

No comments: